POLYTECHNIC IN RUBBER TECHNOLOGY
WHAT IS RUBBER TECHNOLOGY?
RUBBER TECHNOLOGY is a branch of engineering which deals with the processing, molding and
transforming of rubbers or elastomers into useful products. Also, processing natural rubber, synthetic
rubber and latex. Rubber is a polymer which is very important in human society as it is used in medical
devices, surgical gloves, aircraft, car tiers, pacifiers, clothes, toys and many more examples. So, the
rubber technology usually indulges in tasks like collecting and processing of raw material, process control,
product design, mold design and R&D works.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POLYTECHNIC IN RUBBER TECHNOLOGY
• A candidate must have pass class 10th or 12th in science stream with PCM from a recognized
• Minimum aggregate required is 40%-50%.
• There is no upper age limit.
HOW TO TAKE ADMISSION
• The admission process is carried over by considering the merit score of the student in their
• Some institutes conduct entrance exams and there would be personal interview carried by the
institute that various or depends upon the institutes.
• Direct admission can also be taken by visiting the institute with proper documents.
• The fees structure vary from college to college but the approximate annual fees range between
Course duration is 3 years. These are some of the core subjects present in Diploma in Rubber Technology
§ Basics of Chemical Engineering
§ Polymer Science and Technology
§ Rubber Production
§ Rubber Processing
§ Synthetic Rubber, Latex and Polymeric Materials
§ Product Design
§ Chemical Reactions
§ Process Control
Job opportunities are available in huge diverse way in rubber technology. Both government and private
sector job opportunities are available in this field.
Common sectors where they may find a job include –
• Tyre manufacturing companies (MRF, Apollo, CEAT, Michelin etc)
• Polymer manufacturing and processing companies
• Rubber technology R&D firms
• Rubber products manufacturing companies and Rubber industries
• Rubber products marketing firms
Rubber technologists may work in sections like product design, process control, quality control, packing
and sales. Some of the well-known job profiles include –
• Rubber technologist
• Process engineer
• Design specialist (product and mould)
• Quality control professional
• R&D associate
• An average salary of a rubber engineer is Rs.1 lakhs p.a. to Rs.2 lakhs p.a. but as you gain
experience your salary will also be high.
TOP RECRUITING COMPANY
• Apollo Tyres Ltd.
• Jayashree Polymers group
• L.M.Fibres Ltd.
• Ceat Tyres Ltd., Mumbai
• Hi Tech Carbon Ltd.
• St Gobain Industries
• MRF Ltd.
• TVS Motors Ltd.